Issue 142, January 18, 2010
From Homeschool Helpers
By Dan L. White
In association with Pass It On Church Ministries
Subscribe to this free e-newsletter.
Do these verses remind you of anything?
Gen 6:5 World English Bible
(5) Yahweh saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.
(11) The earth was corrupt before God, and the earth was filled with violence.
(12) God saw the earth, and saw that it was corrupt, for all flesh had corrupted their way on the earth.
Do those verses remind you of anything – like the way things are today?
Cell phones are widely used for texting today, including sending images. The latest wave among youth in public high schools is sending nude pictures of themselves to each other on their cell phones. This trend is called sexting.
We had a case here in our small town within the past year or so of a kindergarten teacher sending a picture of herself naked to a teen age boy in the high school. The boy’s mother discovered the picture and the intentions of that teacher, a member of a local church, were laid bare.
In another instance, Pennsylvania public school students were trading cell phone porn pictures of school girls that the girls themselves had photographed. It is illegal to possess child pornography. Usually that law is used against dirty old men, or maybe dirty young men, and they get stiff prison sentences for having such pictures. However, prosecutors threatened to take action against the girls who made available dirty pictures of themselves, since they were minors. Even if they willingly made the pictures available, they are still porn pictures of underage youths. It is illegal to both produce the pictures and to own the pictures.
The ACLU has gotten involved and is fighting for young people to have the right to make available porn photos of themselves. What would the country be like without the ACLU?
In another instance, a girl sent a nude picture of herself to her boyfriend, or a guy she thought was her boyfriend. He then spread that photo around to other students. When the girl found out, she killed herself.
The practice apparently has become quite widespread among students in the public schools of America.
(1) The fool has said in his heart, "There is no God." They are corrupt. They have done abominable works. There is none who does good.
Losing knowledge of the true God directly leads to corruption. People lose their sense of right and wrong and they lose all restraint, as we are seeing today in all sorts of ways.
Exo 32:1-7 WEB
(1) When the people saw that Moses delayed to come down from the mountain, the people gathered themselves together to Aaron, and said to him, "Come, make us gods, which shall go before us; for as for this Moses, the man who brought us up out of the land of Egypt, we don't know what has become of him."
(2) Aaron said to them, "Take off the golden rings, which are in the ears of your wives, of your sons, and of your daughters, and bring them to me."
(3) All the people took off the golden rings which were in their ears, and brought them to Aaron.
(4) He received what they handed him, and fashioned it with an engraving tool, and made it a molten calf; and they said, "These are your gods, Israel, which brought you up out of the land of Egypt."
(5) When Aaron saw this, he built an altar before it; and Aaron made a proclamation, and said, "Tomorrow shall be a feast to Yahweh."
(6) They rose up early on the next day, and offered burnt offerings, and brought peace offerings; and the people sat down to eat and to drink, and rose up to play.
(7) Yahweh spoke to Moses, "Go, get down; for your people, who you brought up out of the land of Egypt, have corrupted themselves!
Israel had just been taught the Ten Commandments. When Moses left, they forgot those and immediately turned back to the religion of Egypt. What did they do then? They took their clothes off.
Exo 32:25 MKJV
(25) And when Moses saw that the people were naked, (for Aaron had made them naked to their shame among their enemies,)
(7) Nor should we be idolaters, even as some of them, as it is written: "The people sat down to eat and drink, and rose up to play."
(8) Nor let us commit fornication, as some of them fornicated, and twenty-three thousand fell in one day.
People are like God and they are like animals. They can reason and create like God, yet they are physically similar to animals. Which way will a person go in life? Will he become more like God, or more like a dog, trying to breed every dam that comes along?
God said that before Noah’s flood, the earth was filled with corruption and violence. We are certainly seeing a return to that today. Young people are taught that Yahweh is not God and they lose the knowledge of right and wrong. They return to the religion of Egypt and they take their clothes off, and now they can send pictures of themselves in their evil nakedness to each other.
I am often a bit surprised at homeschool teachers who are so very concerned with math and science and the academic subjects, as if their children’s lives depend on that. They do not. Most of the academic stuff you teach your kids will be quickly forgotten, except for that which they use in their everyday lives. The most important thing you can teach your children in their schooling is right from wrong. Their lives do depend on that.
Isn’t it just common sense that the most important thing an education can teach a child is to know right and wrong? Sexting is now part of the public school culture. The young people in that culture, and many of their parents and teachers, do not have the common sense to know that it is wrong. This is just commonplace corruption, it is sickening and it stinks before God.
Christian homeschool parents – do your homeschool students have the common sense not to send naked pictures of themselves around the world? I think so. Congratulations. You’re doing the best job of any educators.